If you read my first blog post, then you know I went to esthetician school. With all of the misleading and confusing marketing out there, I thought it might be helpful to do a series about home skin care. My goal is to help you achieve a beautiful, glowing complexion without wasting money in the process!
The first step in a skin care routine is washing your face. In general, I think people wash their face too much! Once a day is plenty (even if you have oily skin). Since the cleanser is on your face for such a short amount of time, you DO NOT need to spend extra money on fancy ingredients. For example don’t worry about having exfoliants, anti-aging ingredients or antioxidants in your cleanser. What I look for in a cleanser is something that will take off my makeup without over drying my skin. Also, I always look for products that are fragrance-free because fragrance (even “natural”) is very irritating to the skin and can cause breakouts and redness.
To save you time, and because I always love to know exactly what products other people are using, below is a list of some products that meet my requirements.
Keep in mind this list in not all inclusive, there are other great products out there, this is just a starting point.
- Currently, my favorite face wash is the Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser from Paula’s Choice (they also have an oily skin version). If you’re interested in trying it out, I have a coupon for $10 off your first purchase (click here).
- Olay Foaming Face Wash For Sensitive Skin is a great face wash for all skin types and retails for $4.99.
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser is great for combination skin and retails for $4.99.
- Boots Anti-Blemish Cleansing Foam is great for oily skin and retails for $5.49.
- Eucerine Gentle Hydrating Cleanser is great for sensitive & dry skin and retails for $5.99.
Let me know if you have any questions!! Also, if there is a product you love, share it with us in the comment section below.
Until next time,
P.S. Check out the rest of my Skin Care Series: Part 2 – Toner
Photos by Nik Roberts & Katie Lowry
Paula’s Choice has no idea who I am, the coupon is a part of their “Refer-A-Friend” Program.
Also, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.